After months of deactivated Larry's blog, now it's reborn! from LifeType 1.0.6 to 1.2.8.
migrated Linux from Pentium4 1.7Ghz Sony VAIO desktop /Fedora to Core 2 Duo 3Ghz HP /CentOS 5.2_xen from Aug.2008. i focused only on the Gallery2 migration and XenSoft setup, almost forgot this lovely piece of software, and really want to write some diary. also i can't write a long paragraph in Facebook. is it a limitation?
- Backup database using phpMyAdmin on Fedora, then restore it to CentOS (don't forget to create database before running the SQL);
- upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.1 as latest ver. 1.2.8 can't accept upgrade from 1.0.x, then upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2.8.
- unzip source;
- restore old ./config/config.properties.php to provide database connect info;
- visit mydomain/lifetype-1.2.8/wizard.php (don't forget to rename .htaccess)
- after login to admin, "Access is forbidden" error appeared whenever logout from admin. it's because the template is not available.
- 1st, go to templates download from LifeType, choose 1.2 templates.zip, then upload to lifetype-1.2.8/templates/, unzip then go to "Administration" -> "Scan Templates"
- footnote change: default template footnote include "© 2004 All content copyrights. your name here". Edit this line in block-endcredits.template in the selected template. in my case, ./templates/pastal-blocks/block-endcredits.template