Without sync. ability on my linux desktop (Sony VAIO LX2) i need to sync. it with a notebook which is not belong to me though i can sometimes use it.
- Use jpilot and set File -> Preferences -> Settings -> serial port: net:any OR
jpilot-sync -l >& net:any &
to hotsync w/o starting jpilot gui.
- click Sync on jpilot before pressing sync on Palm
- don’t use Gnome-pilot (gpilotd), it doesn’t work friendly with FC4. (should better ensure no gpilotd process is running)
- (2006.4.11) after upgrade fc4 to fc5, can’t netsync (even using source code to compile again. also source code install can’t display chinese??? don’t know why. even installed xorg-X11-….) until open firewall for the palm. just add rule to accept all for the IP address of Palm.
- hardware: Sony VAIO LX2, Palm TX
- network: Level One WBR 3405TX
- OS: FC4, PalmOS 5; (2006.4.11) kernel:2.6.16-1.2080_FC5
- Applications: jpilot
Interestingly, i could not successfully use USB to sync. with either jpilot and gnome-pilot.