Netgear EX6120 Range Extender connection to router initially with acceptable signal strength, then suddenly it dropped to low level around 6Mbps.
Set channel of the WiFi router from “auto” to a fixed channel no. Further more, among several ways to choose proper channel of the router, one of those is to follow the list below:
- Open Wireless Diagnostics by pressing option key in Mac simultaneously
- clicking the WiFi icon in the top bar, then
- on the top bar, click Window and choose “scan”
Configuring the Range Extender, usually it does not help to improve the sustainable performance of the connection between Range Extender and WiFi router. After fixing the channel no. of the router, the WiFi Range Extender connection with the WiFi router still dropped a bit after a while, but instead of dropping to 6Mbps in my case, the resulting connection signal strength could be kept to around 80Mbps.
- WiFi Router: Linksys EA6700
- Range Extender: Netgear EX6120
- Mac OS: 10.12.2