After creating and using a subtheme of Drupal
- Blank Screen of Death after creating a subtheme of Drupal
- Superfish Dropdown menu didn’t work
- ensure the function names “[base_theme]_preprocess_html(&$vars)” is renamed to “[sub_theme]_preprocess_html(&$vars)” and to other similar functions in file template.php.
- check and ensure “main menu” is display disabled by unchecking the “Main Menu” in theme setting after choosing the sub theme.
- Check php error in web server logs.
After total blank screen, nothing can be proceed. The following steps can bring back to base theme environment:
- delete directory of sub theme
- rename base theme directory to sub theme directory.
- Even though it was unchecked when configuring Superfish the first time before using subtheme, don’t know why this attribute cannot be passed to the subtheme like all other theme settings.
- Drupal 7.14
- theme: whitebull 7.x-1.5