The built-in Faq feature of the WordPress theme Shopifiq cannot perform multilingual provided by qTranlate plugin. No issue for the questions, but the language contents mixed together for the answers. I guess it is due to the inability to add html control to the answers, i.e. omitting the directive <!–:en–><!–:–> suggested by qtranslate. Thus, there is a need to find a substitute FAQ plugin. After searching for lots of related plugins, Q and A Focus Plus FAQ meets all my requirement including multingual compatibility with qtranslate and providing grouping related questions.
After installing the Q and A Focus Plus FAQ plugin in WordPress, most features are fine without any problem, but the Category widget was missing in the Edit / Add new FAQ page. At the same time, the Category Edit page could not be called by the FAQs menu.
- Actually below is only a workaround, not a solution
- Activate other theme that does not has a built-in FAQ feature with Category attribute
- Click FAQs -> FAQs Categories to edit or add Category for Q and A Focus Plus FAQ
- Activate back the theme back
- WordPress: 3.7.1
- qTranslate: 2.5.38
- Shopifiq theme: 126.96.36.199
- Q and A Focus Plus FAQ: 188.8.131.52
- Cannot find any clue on web as it may be rare that a WordPress theme having built-in FAQ feature.
- Other FAQ plugins having Category attribute do not having (probably) such taxonomy conflict with Shopifiq theme.