Printer connected to PC needed to be share within the intranet by Windows clients. It's directly connected to PC, no hardware print server is used.
Use CUPS, Samba.
- When Firewall is up, make sure
- eth0 is trusted
- ports: tcp:137,tcp:138,tcp:139 are open
- Printer sharing needs ONLY CUPS, correct printer driver for local linux workstation is NOT necessary for sharing the printer, it's only necessary for local printing from linux system.
- Use Samsung ML1710 driver instead of the driver in ppd format for linux bundled in the CD of the Xerox Phaser 3115.
- Hardware: Xerox Phaser P3115 Laser Printer, VAIO LX2
- OS: FC4
- Applications: CUPS 1.1.23