when launching iTunes, it closed immediately after clicking the icon and appeared in half a second, then error screen appeared to ask for “ignore”, “report”, etc.
- Finder -> Applications -> iTunes.app
- right click -> Get Info
- Expand “Sharing & Permissions”
- click bottom right lock icon and input admin password
- select system permissions
- click bottom wheel icon and select “Make system the owner”
- install the latest iTunes pkg
- Without step 6 above, no matter how uninstall, remove iTunes.app and reinstall the latest version, it will fail to restore it properly.
- System always complains when simply removing iTunes.app by stating that iTunes is required by MacOS.
- Even login as root in Terminal command, the directory iTunes.app cannot be removed.
- Asking Apple support through discussions.apple.com, people only suggest reinstall the latest version of iTunes but no one suggest checking wheel icon under Sharing & Permissions of Get Info window.
- MacOS: High Sierra 10.13.2
- iTunes: 22.214.171.124